Lake's history began in 1938 when the first road was built gaining access to
the lake and around it. The Lake area was purchased from the Albert Lewis
Estate by the Goeringer family. The Goeringers surveyed the land and made
lots available to the public. At this time, careful planning was done to
preserve the tranquility of the lake and to ensure that the lake can be
enjoyed by all members of the community.
Every lot buyer and owner had full use of Penn Lake, plus special beaches
and recreational areas were provided for use by all owners.
Albert Lewis Circa 1918
Lilly A. Lewis Circa 1925
Lilly A. Lewis Bear Hunting Circa 1926
Harry and Mary Goeringer Circa 1950